I collected the final results of my survey, a total of 17 people answered it.
Mostly my results were good, but some people were un cooperative in taking my survey, mainly on the last question. The reason for this was that I posted my survey on Facebook and Twitter, and so many of the people who answered it were friends, and so rather than be professional about it, as they knew it was mine, they decided to be un cooperative and put in silly answers.
My survey results suggest that more females enjoy the thriller genre than males, however this may not be the case. One of the sites I used to advertise my survey, the McFLY Super City, is mainly used by females as it is a fan site for a male band, and so this would influence my results.
My resuls seem to suggest that mainly people aged 11-20 enjot thrillers the most, but it was likely that this result was influenced by the sites I used to advertise. This is because a majority of people aged 11-20 use social networking sites more than other age groups. Also, many of the people who I am friends with on Facebook, the people who can view my posts, are people I know from school in my year, most people who have access to my post were around 16/17 years old. The same with my followers on Twitter, most of them are people I know from school and so are once again around 16/17.
This result has a 3 way tie, 'Love them!', 'Like them' and They are OK' all received the majority vote of 5 each, while the other 2 choices are both tie with 1 vote each. From this result I can tell that people seem to like the thriller genre, or they are neutral.
From my results I can see that most people enjoy physiological and sci-fi thriller movies. The answers I recieved to this question also shows how some people taking my survey were uncooperative, with the answer of 'Comedy-Thriller :p'. This shows that maybe it would of been best if i tried not to ask people I know to fill in my survey.
From these results, it seems that most people enjoy twists in the storyline most in the thriller genre, and they don't really enjoy Good overcoming evil, which may mean that this particular aspects of the thriller genre has taken place of often, people feel as though it goes without saying. From people's own answers, we can see that some enjoy enigmas, and we can also see another case of someone being unprofessional.
From this reulst I can see that the most popular movie with the 17 people who took my survey was Se7en, followed by Casino Royale and Psycho. Also from some of the answers, theres further eveidence of people being uncooperative by putting 'Bugs Life' and one person proved my point of not advertising on sites with people i know by putting the answer 'I dunno, do your own work Louiseeee =P'
I didn't get as many results as I wanted to however. This may of been my fault as I could of advertised more than I did. Most of my results came from posting on the McFLY Super City, and this was probably due to the high amount of members, all of which could see my posts, and so I was more likely to get more rplies than on Facebook or Twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment